Reliable Lawyers Experienced in Trademark and Copyright Law
Developing and Protecting Your IP Portfolio
Building brand awareness requires a multifaceted approach. You may have designed a distinctive image or phrase that captures your organization’s identity, but your customer outreach efforts should not end at this point.
Use copyrights, service marks, and trademarks to diversify your brand strategy and further set your company apart from others. Although this intellectual property is an intangible asset, it is one of your company’s most valuable ones nonetheless.
At Ray Law Firm, PLLC, our attorneys recognize the financial and competitive benefits that your intellectual property provides. Our lawyers have practiced trademark and copyright law for years in Tennessee. We help our clients navigate the legal processes necessary to register their intellectual property and defend it against infringement.
Managing Your Intellectual Property Issues
Our business and intellectual property firm advises clients on a variety of matters. We identify straightforward solutions for clients who are taking the first step toward conducting an IP search and those needing assistance with enforcement.
You can rely on us to address any legal issues related to copyright and trademarks, including:
- Advising on brand strategies
- Conducting trademark searches to ensure the mark or confusingly similar variations are not already registered
- Registering the copyright or trademark with the appropriate agencies
- Filing the paperwork to renew marks to prevent their cancellation
- Drafting and sending cease-and-desist letters to infringing parties
- Filing oppositions against infringing applications or cancellations against infringing registrations
- Enforcing trademark and copyright registrations through litigation, if necessary
Using the law to protect your intellectual property can be a complex undertaking. When you retain our firm, you can count on us to file your application correctly. We also maintain a database of deadlines associated with your intellectual property. Our team submits a statement of use and renewal forms on time so that your mark does not expire.